Data access and real time analytics have become the buzzwords in the world of on-demand Economy, but what kind of roles do they play in operating an on demand business? Can on-demand business survive without leveraging big data? What kind of competitive edge can real time analytics bring to the table? From consumer behavior discovery to capacity planning to service matching, learn how big data plays both a strategic and tactic role in the operation of an On-Demand business.
Do You Know? All we seem to be hearing and reading about these days is the impending world revolution driven by smarter, "more human" and pervasive artificial intelligence, big data and robotics. Terms like singularity, abundance, convergence, hyper-automation, roboadviser, IoT, machine learning, Watson and AlphaGo are now an integral part of our conscious lexicon. We are seeing an accelerating tsunami of computing, storage and tech driven analytical power connecting billions of devices, smart phones and other "clients" with astoundingly dynamic oceans of knowledge and limitless possibilities.
We "know" this and if you are like many of us, we aren't sure how to feel about it let alone do something about it (if anything)!
TEDxHongKong is pleased to announce TEDxHongKongSalon "I Know," a very special salon on Friday July 15th at KPMG's Office in Hysan Place Causeway Bay for an afternoon of thoughtful conversation, sharing and learning. We will be joined by a select group of world class technologists, innovators, thinkers and industry leaders who will be with us in Hong Kong to give TEDx talks and participate with the TEDx community in Hong Kong in an immersive, open and authentic TEDxSalon environment.
- Identifying up-and-coming tech trends and how it affects entrepreneurs in kick-starting their business
- Finding a niche by validating customers’ pain points in a crowded market
- Narrowing the talent, technology and strategy gap to achieve business growth plans
Facebook and the University of Hong Kong are partnering to host discussions with a select group of experts and key influencers across APAC from a range of disciplines (academia, consumer groups, policymakers, business etc.) with diverse views on topics surrounding data driven economy.
- Utilising cloud, IoT and big data analytics to foster digital innovation and create new growth opportunities
- Better mastery of data overload and data silos to extract useful insights and increase ROI
- Improving cyber security efforts and creepiness for consumer privacy, data protection and fraud